Ads 468x60px

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Eggless Fruit Custard with Cream

It's Blog Hop Wednesday. And this time, I find myself hopping to Santosh's Kitchen. The enormous database of recipes is intimidating! And I manage to wade through all those delicious recipes and land at something humble & to my capability - her Custard with Cream. A few tweaks here and there & you have my version of Eggless Fruit Custard -


RECIPE
(Print this recipe)
Ingredients (Makes 1 cup)
Milk - 1 cup (250 ml)
Fresh Cream - 1/4 cup (optional)
Custard Powder* - 1 tablespoon
Sugar - 1 tablespoon (to taste)
Fruits - Fresh, Chopped [your choice (example: Mango, banana, apple, pomegranate, grapes etc.)]
* If you don't have custard powder, substitute with equal amount of Cornflour/Cornstarch & add any flavoring of your choice. Also add desired edible colors.
Method -
1) Separate 1/4th of the cold milk & mix custard powder well.
2) Simultaneously, heat the remaining milk.
3) Add the sugar
4) When milk comes to a boil, add the custard-milk mixture
5) Constantly stir to avoid lumps.
6) In about 2-3 minutes, the mixture will start thickening.
7) When it reaches a mayonnaise-like consistency (look at the picture) remove from the flame & let it cool
8) When it has come to the room temperature, fold in the fresh cream (heavy or light) (optional)
9) Mix well
10 ) Keep in the refrigerator to chill. (at least 1 hour)
11) Add mixed fruits 15 minutes before serving, mix well & enjoy!
COG                                                      BHW
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jazz it up with some chocolate sauce! :-)

22 comments:

  1. I too make this. lovely dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fruit salad with custard is my favorite dessert. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I admire the writing style :) A little off topic here but what theme are you using? Looks pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always dread making custards and puddings because they seem so tedious and time consuming. You make it look so simple. Good work, Kavi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well written post. It will be valuable to anybody who utilizes it, as well as myself. Keep doing what you are doing – for sure i will check out more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Anonymous - thanks a lot, whoever you are! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never thought blogging could be soo fun and interesting. Man you know how to do it brother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice color choice on the blog. It is really easy on my eyes and I have bad eyes too so that's a really big compliment lol
    [url=http://androidphone7.livejournal.com/]Android Phones[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I clone your article to my blog? Thank you.
    Welcome to my site [url=http://www.careerjobsfinder.com/]Career ideas[/url] ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Anonymous - thanks for asking. But I'd like to know where exactly you'll be "cloning" my article and if you'll be giving me due credit (that is, mentioning the source as my blog?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for that awesome posting. Useful, and it saved MUCH time! :-)
    my site is on [url=http://cheapfamilyvacations.blogspot.com/]family vacation spots[/url].

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, I simply wanted to take time to make a comment and say I have really enjoyed reading your site.
    [url=http://www.weddingplannerphotography.com]Wedding photography[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic post, I really look forward to updates from you.
    My website is on [url=http://educationaltoysfortoddlers.blogspot.com/]toys for toddlers[/url].

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can I use some of the content from your site on mine? I will make sure to link back to it :)
    [url=http://acnetreatments250.blinkweb.com/]Acne home remedies[/url]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...